thank you all for sending me your recipes and feedback. I will try to prepare your recipes in my next posts. Yesterday I joined a community called shareyourmeal.net. On this site you can share your cooking with people in your neighborhood. The website was launched last year in Amsterdam and is now spreading out to other cities. It’s a growing community and in our neighborhood there are already several cooks and foodies. Cooks offer their food to other people, whereas foodies only order meals. I am quite excited to offer the first dish soon.
Today I post the ingredients for a mixed salad with fried feta cheese. Healthy and delicious!
For 2 people you need:
Feta cheese / 150 – 200 g
Eggs / 3
Olive oil / 3 tbsp
Walnut oil / 1 tbsp
Balsamic vinegar / 1 tbsp
Red wine vinegar / 1,5 tbsp
Orange juice / 3 – 4 tbsp
Dijon mustard / 0,5 tbsp
You can of course use other vegetables. Please use feta cheese made of sheep milk. Tastes much better than the cheaper one made of cow milk.
– Wash the lettuce and vegetables. Cut the vegetables and put them aside.
– For the salad dressing mix the ingredients mentioned above and stir them with a whisk.
– Cut the feta cheese in small cubes (1,5 cm), whisk the eggs with pepper in a bowl and spread the breadcrumbs on a plate. Now put the cheese-cubes into the bowl. After that coat the cubes with breadcrumbs. Repeat this another time, so all cheese-cubes have two layers of egg end breadcrumbs.
– Fry the feta in oil until it is crispy on two sides and drain it on kitchen paper.
– Arrange everything on a plate starting with the salad, dressing and finally the feta-cheese.