today was the first sunny and warm day in 2015 in Amsterdam – spring is definitely coming! Will be the last spring we spend in our flat in the beautiful de Pijp. Our landlords are moving back in and so we have to move out pretty soon. Therefore we are looking for a new apartment to rent in Amsterdam. If you know somebody, who might know somebody just send me a message.
The dish today is a real stay-at-home-dude girlfriend classic! Its our own creation and we prepared it so many times, but I never shared it. Try to get some fresh squid spaghetti if possible, so you can enjoy the real flavor! We have a nice fresh pasta place called “Il Pastificio” around the corner. It offers one of the best pastas I have ever tasted. If you are living in Amsterdam this is a must! This time they did not had any squid pasta, therefore we bought normal spaghetti. Serve the dish with dry Verdejo white wine and enjoy. Tastes like sun!
For 2 people you need:
COOK: 20 min
Fresh (squid) spaghetti / 250 g
Large white beans / 1 can
Canned tomatoes / 1 can, high quality
Green paprika / 1
Red onion / 1 medium
Garlic / 1 clove
Olive oil / 3 tablespoons
Sea salt / a pinch
Pepper / a pinch
Fresh flat parsley / 2 tablespoons
1. Bring 3 – 4 liter salted water to a boil in a large pot.
2. Meanwhile chop the onions and garlic and cut the green paprika in 1 x 1cm large squares. Strain the white beans.
3. Take a large pan, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and brown the paprika together with the onions for 5 min at medium heat. Add garlic, the canned tomatoes and the large white beans. Let it simmer for another 10 min at low heat. Spice the sauce with pepper and sea salt.
4. Cook the spaghetti in the large pot al dente and strain them.
5. Take two large plates, add the spaghetti and cover it with sauce. Decorate with flat parsley
Serve and Enjoy!