- Today I am proud to present the world’s best chili con carne! It’s a recipe from Eric. He prepared it several times, when I was living in Constance. It’s the perfect dish after an exhausting clubbing weekend. The recipe is for 4 – 5 hungry people. It can be easily warmed up the next day or you store leftovers in the freezer.
World’s best Chili con Carne (010)
PREP: 30 min
COOK: 2 h
For 4 – 5 people you need
Ground beef and pork (70/30) / 900 g
Water / 1 cup
Tomatoes / 1 can
Beer / 1 can or bottle
Garlic / 5 cloves, minced
Onions / 3-4 depending on size
Beans / 3 cans of different beans
Corn / 1 can
Chili powder / 2-3 tbsp
Bouillon / 2 tbsp
Cumin / 2 teaspoon
Paprika powder / 2 teaspoon
Oregano / 2 teaspoon
Sugar/ 2 teaspoon
Coriander / 0,5 teaspoon
Hotsauce / depending on spicy level desired
Dark chocolate / 20 g
1. Brown 450 g of the meat in a big pan or pot.
2. Remove the meat from pot, strain and set aside. Brown rest of meat, strain but leave some fat in there.
3. Add Garlic and onions, cook and stir until they are tender.
4. Add rest of the meat and all other ingredients. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 2 hours covered, stirring occasionally. Add some corn meal or flower for consistency.
5. Cool another 20 minutes and enjoy with rice or tortilla chips!